Micro BR Digital Recorder review by Boss

Boss: Micro BR Digital Recorder

I have a pretty wide range of interest when it comes to different music styles and sounds, but I've always stuck with my little Vox box amp and never thought about effects for my guitar. The Micro Br comes with so many effects that I find myself playing guitar a lot less on my amp and a lot more with my new christmas present. This thing makes you sound so good. Beyond recording it's just a lot of fun to sit around with headphones and try out all the different sounds this thing has to offer. It really does sound like it's comming from an amp. The mic is great too, I was always kind of self conscious about singing but this thing brings the best out of you. I finished a couple songs so far and as they sit in my iTunes library you wouldn't know they came from a pocket sized recording device insted of a studio.

Overall the product isnt perfect but it's as close as you can get. There are a few cons. Your going to have to go out and buy a usb chord and if your dumb like me you'll have to buy a second one because the first wasn't compatable. The battery life isnt so great. I would say a few hours at the most. There are a lot of drum beats but I don't think I'll be using any because they're pretty stupid. It's as if each beat is too complex, they need standard beats so to fit everyones taste. The memory card that's included is 128MB. This is good for recording a song, but if you want store more then 1 or 2 mp3 files on this thing you should buy a bigger one. These things really aren't important though. I don't think I've had anything that I've loved so much in a very long time. I might be obsessed with it but I think that's probably normal for such a great piece of equipment. If you are at all looking into recording but don't want to buy a huge dashboard with 8 imputs and 100 nobs and switches this is what you want. it's impossible not to love the Micro Br. 5 stars, 2 thumbs way up, 10/10, trust me.

The whole allure of the Micro Br is supposed to be it's small size and how it can "fit in your pocket". We'll technically it can fit in your pocket (barely), but I don't think I'll be taking it around with me everywhere I go just because I can. It's plastic not metal. It seems pretty durable though. There are already a few small scratches on the back but no big deal. I dread the day that a drop it and I hope to God it's as tough as it is sexy. I'm guessing that it would take a lot to mess this baby up.

I've had the Micro Br for about 2 weeks and if there's one thing you should know about it it's that the more you read the manual the more you'll like it. There's such a large wealth of features avaliable on this product you wouldn't realize until a while after you buy it. Just make sure you know that beyond messin around with the obvious things you can't judge this until you know how to use it. Once you know what your doing with it it's very easy to use. I find myself flying through controls and settings like second nature and creating pieces that are beyond the quality I expected.

Silky Smooth
    Sounds great! Id like to get one eventualy, im a sucker for this little digital things!