ML-2 Metal Core review by Boss

Boss: ML-2 Metal Core

Purchased from: Renaissance Music

I'm using this pedal with a B.C. Rich Warlock through a Kustom Solo 16 amp, I've also tried it with my old Ibanez Gio. Both guitars produced nearly exactly the same sound through this pedal. This pedal is capable of producing fat distortion with a high Pick attack, but I find that it is really limited to one genre of music. If you're looking for a heavy, crisp thrash sound, then this is the pedal that you want.

I've been playing guitar for about 2 years, almost strictly metal. This was the first pedal that I'd ever purchased, and I've found that it has given me that riff sound that was I looking for, especially with such a cheap amp. I would recommend this pedal to anyone wanting a down-tuned sound even without the down tuning. The only thing that I really don't like about this pedal is that the power adapter (Boss PSA) is sold separately and a 9V lasts a mere hour.

All-metal construction for this one, if you're dealing with an unruly crowd, you could always bludgeon someone with it during a break, and then continue using it for the show. The sound never fails, and I doubt that the construction will either. Reliability and durability.

Completely simple operation. Sporting four self-explanatory knobs, any user can find a good balance between heavy low ends and crisp high attacks. Basic on-off switch, doesn't get easier. The provided manual is excellent, explaining the functions of various controls as well as supplying a few examples for stock metal sounds.

capo2ndfrett
    black_punk wrote: can this pedal get me a Lamb of God kind of tone??? or should i get the MT-2????
    if you want a lamb of god tone, definetly the metalzone from what ive heard and seen, MT-2s walk all up and down the metal core pedal
    troy88
    as i lay dying, all that remains, the human abstract, bullet for my valentine, killswitch engage, arch enemy, as blood runs black, unearth, inflames the metalcore will give you the perfect tone, who ever said that the metalzone will give you the same sound by adjusting the equal is wrong, the metalzone is a more versitile petal but it sounds thin, the Metalcore is a very THICK distortion and has more attack than metalzone, ive used both for a while, in the end i chose the metalcore becuase it sounded great through my solid state Vox VT30 and even better through my all tube Peavy ValveKing 112, the attack on this pedal is crazy, i have the perfect sound i was looking for, its also less noisy than the metalzone.
    tamotots
    is this pedal good for playing metalcore? i know it's a stupid question but everyone mentioned this pedal good for nu metal and mt-2 for old school metal but no one mentioned metalcore. i play old school metal and metalcore and i hate nu-metal