ML-2 Metal Core review by Boss

Boss: ML-2 Metal Core

I use an OLP John Petrucci Signature guitar into a Boss PW-10 V-Wah to a Boss ME-X that has loops for the ML-2 and outputted from ME-X to a Laney LX35D. It is a little noisy e.g. moving ur hand over strings but when ur playing something it's perfect and if you have a noise suppresor you can get rid of that slide noise. It is a very heavy distortion that when you turn the dist just under halfway you get a nice 70s rock sound but you need to tweak the other knobs to help get that sound or go all the way up and go mental.

I play a range of metal music from metalcore to thrash metal to heavy metal and this produces them all after a bit of expermineting. I've been playing about 2 years and fit this into one of the loops of a ME-X which aren't being made anyomore which is a shame because they beat any other Multeffects board. I wish it could be a bit better for soloing which is a problem. If it got lost I would get a MT-2 if I didn't already because I'm getting one soon but I would maybe buy this back. I love that it makes riffs sound awesome and just yeh. I don't like that it doesn't have a mid control knob but I can Live without that. I compared it to a FZ-5 Fuzz and it is a much cleaner metaly distortion and better than my distortion on the Laney. I only wish it had a Mid control knob and a Remote jack for a footswitch for a Lead mode and a Rhythm mode.

I would definetely use this without backup, it's a Boss. Not much else needed to say but if you're a lead guitarist like me you probably want this pedal for the Rhythm playing but isn't very suited for soloing so take a MT-2 or something else but if you're a rhythm player you need this.

This is very easy to use with only 4 control knobs. Level(volume), Low(bass), High(treble) and Dist.(fairly obvious). You can change from racking all the knobs right to the top for a very good rhythm metal sound, take away all the high leaving everything else for a Slayer sound or turn up the high to the top with low at bottom for Megadeth.