ML-2 Metal Core review by Boss

Boss: ML-2 Metal Core

Purchased from: Musician friend's

Well I'm using this pedal with my Ibanez GRX40 and with my 20 watt Fender Mustang I amp, this awesome pedal is not noisy at all in any setting, the effects always sounds great, the have a inmense tone and a great distorted sound, Yes I can get the sound of my favorite band, who are System Of a Down, I like their sound because its so deep and strong and I can get their sound with this pedal, I also got the sound of bands like, Metallica, Disturbed, Amon Amhart and lost of bands. The sound of this pedal is as I said, huge, its sounds really great with any tuning and with any setting, the Distortion in it is very powerfull and the tone is just great.

I play, Nu metal, trash, heavy metal, Death Metal and so on, and it totally fits my playing style, just with a little tweak you get really good sounds, I have been playing guitar for years, and I have Ibanez GRX40, a Fender Mustang I amp, a Vox Wah pedal, I'm completely satisfied with this pedal, I read other owners review and they are as happy as I am, theres nothing I wish had asked before buying it, if it were stolen or lost I will buy the sameone right away, I love everything about it, its compact size, the battery life is of aprox. 10 hours, its real simple yet so powerful, its real easy to use and the sound that it delivers is massive, my favorite feature its that you can get a real deep, low sound on one setting and in the other one you get lots of gain and real high sounds, you can get tons of sound with this monster called Boss ML-2 Metal Core I didn't compare this pedal with other so, but still a great invesments, I highly recomend this pedal to anyone that is looking for a real agresive, metal sound.

Can I depend on it? Haha, of course I had a gig with this babe and it was great, I didn't used any other pedal because I knew that this monster was enough, So as I said I can depend on it for a gig, the gig I had was a System of a Down tribute and this pedal let everyone amazed out there. Its a really good inversion and its expensive

Well... To get a good sound out of this pedal, is as easy as setting things up and then dig your own tone, the Users manual comes with four samples to get you started, It has four knobs, level, is controls the overall volume, Low, it gives you deep, low sounds and even sounds that are on extreme downtunning without having to tune your guitar that way, high, it controls the high frequency sounds, and gives you an edge while you are playing, and the Dist knob, that controls the amount of distortion. The manual tells you everything you need to know, about the pedal itself, wich bateries do you need, Ac adaptors, malfunctions, it gives you as I said 4 samples, troubleshooting, everything that you need to know is in the manual, but you actually don't need, because its easy to set up.

NIVEK96
    this thing sounds awesome with a ZT Lunchbox and a cheap ass warlock
    RoboRobot
    I just picked up this pedal yesterday, and it is SICKKK. WAYYY better than that shitty ass metal zone, I promise. Way back in the day, I owned a metal zone. After a while, I became very dissatisfied with it, because as mentioned before, it's a tinny, digital piece of garbage. I eventually sold it for a Metal Muff, which was wayyy better. After a while however, the pedal broke down, and I didn't have warranty. I decided to try something fresh, and went with the ML 2, and I'm very glad I did! I'd actually say it's on par with the Metal Muff, but beats the crap out of the Metal Zone. I've been playing this with my PRS SE (with EMGs) on my crate ftx120 (an amp that many consider to be garbage), and I actually like the tone! I haven't even tried it on my Fender DeVille yet, I can only imagine what THAT will sound like O_O It is true that this pedal isn't very diverse, but I feel like I don't even have to tweek the knobs all that much, I'm happy with it's natural sound. I barely even play covers, I usually stick to originals, so there's really no tone I'm trying to copy. I'd say definitely pick up either this, or the metal muff, but stay away from the Metal Zone at all costs!