MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

I'm playing this pedal with epi humbuckers out of a little weeny Peavey Rage 158 amp. The effects are strong and offer a wide variety of different distortions to achieve. I noticed on one occasion where the effects weren't coming out at all, then while playing they suddenly blasted in only to quickly fade out again...the problem? Low battery! 5 here.

For any die hard, head-bangin rocker, this pedal is a must. Even if you turn down the distortion, you can reach great tones by twisting the EQ nobs.

Very dependable, however it seems to eat up battery juice like popcorn. I suggest using a 9v power adapter with it. Other than that, it's never broken on me or anything.

Incredibly easy to use. If I recall correctly, it came with a battery. The only real trouble was discovering where to put the battery in because due to its design you begin to think that you have to unscrew it using a screwdriver. In reality, there's quite simply a knob you need to twist until the pedal part comes off. I originally gave it a 4 because of that, then realised it was due to my own stupidity. 5 all the way.