MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Bought Used

I got an Ibanez edr 470ex and a lil Marshall practice amp, and twinned with the emgs my Ibanez has this can kick out some good sounds, great varibale distortion, good high, low and mid freq setting which can give you pretty much everything you want, from Billy Talent to thrash like older Metallica and Slayer etc, brilliant range, don't think it could be beaten really!

Like I said earlier, this pedal can match alot of types of distortion, so would suit alot of people not particularly tied to one type of effect, but it obviously can't do wah and flanger etc! I really really like this pedal, it is BRILLIANT, would definitely buy again, would recommend a second hand, as is a bit cheaper as they retail at like 75. I haven't really played many other pedals, but I do hate zooms, and this is just better anyways, you won't dislike I single thing, I don't. But one tip, buy a rechargeable battery or an adapter and remember to take out the input jack when not using it, or batteries just get eaten (which is the only bad thing really).

It's a lump of solid metal moulded into a pedal I think, solid, tought, and can take a good stamping, sound.

Can look pretty confusing at first, especially without a manaul, as mine didn't come with one, and it's kinda a bit hard to remember what everything does until you've got into it, and by then it's fine and you can twiddle and get the sound you want.