MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use the Boss MT-2 with an Ibanez RG321 and a Marshall MG15CD. The distortion quality comparison of the built in and the Boss MT-2 is amazing. The Marshall distortion almost sounds fake compared to the Boss MT-2. I have distortion set to 10 and its not fuzzy at all. But I have the treble at around 4. Higher than 5 it can produce a feedback at high volumes. You can acheive hundreds of different sound from this pedal because of the 3-band EQ. One side note, although I only tried for like 5 minutes, I was unable to get the more heavy chunky sound of System of a Down distortion but I'm sure with the right tweaking, it's possible.

It's a great pedal and matched with a good amp like a Marshall, it can sound incredible. It's definatley worth the money and it's nice having something that you know will last you through your gradual increase of skill or something like that.

This thing is built to last. It's completley metal and has a rubber base. The knobs are made of plastic but none have popped off on me yet. The only problem I've had so far is that every month or so, the thumb screw comes loose but it's no problem whatsoever. The pedal can be used even without the screw and it's never come loose to the point where I can loose the screw because the screw if pretty long.

The Boss MT-2 comes with 3-band EQ knobs and some mid knob that I've never messed with so I don't know what it does. It is pretty easy to acheive what sound you want when you have bass, middle, and treble knobs to work with. The thing can go pretty loud too. To match my amp, I only needed to put the level to 3. The battery is very easy to access. There is a thumb screw (no tools required) near the bottom of the pedal and from there you can change batteries. One should know that if you're using a battery and not the AC adapter, always unplug the input when you're done using the pedal because the battery gets drained when there is something plugged into the input.