MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

The good thing with this pedal is that you won't need a blues driver and a turbo distortion as well. Simply set the "Dist" level lower and you will find a nice sound for blues or even less distortion. Set it to maximum and the sound will be extremely rough and perfect for powerful metal of any kind, especially trash metal. I've noticed that some amps have trouble with this and will start "buzzing" a bit too much, so you should use something like 50 w or more, weaker amps can also work, but I would recommend something stronger, to be sure it won't do anything crazy. If the distortion is set to maximum "buzzing" will come from any amp, but the bigger the amp the less problematic "buzzing". And it makes some pretty nasty feedback sounds so you should have it turned of when you turn on your amp.

I play metal mostly, every kind of metal I can. And rock, and this pedal is the only distortion pedal I need, for everything from Satyricon to AC/DC. I've had this for about 6 months, and if this were lost I would get a new one at once. I really need this pedal! So for everyone who needs distorion, this is the pedal! And the price is brilliant!

You can totally trust this pedal, but don't go on stage with it without an adaptor! This thing eats batteries! But it won't fail you as long as it has got a power source!

Using it is no problem at all! The EQ is very good and you quickly learn what adjustments you need for the proper sound. If you "loose" a good setting then it is no problem picking it up again, just let your guitar ring and adjust, because these tones usually stay around for some time. There is no way you can make the sound bad with the EQ, I actually tried and even though it was very different it was still good sound to fit another style of music.