MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Other

I'm using it with a Ibanez GRX20, and a babilon Les Paul type, just like the one Justin Hawkins use. And a Ibanez AMP. You can get effects from Blues to Trash Metal, they always sound great, with the properly adjusts and settings I could get a Slash-like sound, blues lead, also I can get Metallica-like sound, and I can get others like The Darkness, Nirvana. There are some settings that make the distortion sound very bad, that if you can call it distortion, but as I've already said, with the properly adjustments, you should be able to use it and get the 100% of it.

I most of all play blues and rock, this is a very good pedal, but to perfect it on blues I will have to buy a compression sustainer, which gives a very good sound to it or buy a blues pedal, but its hell cheaper the compression sustainer, I've been playing it for like 5 monhts, its very good. I only wish I had asked if they had the DC adapter when I bought the pedal, I would have definetly had bought it too. If it were stolen/lost I would get the same or a Blues Drive. I love that its very easy to use, and has a great sound, I hate that it dries batteries too fast adn also that I dont have the DC adapter, my favourite feature its the color, totally black with orange letters. I compared it to others like the Normal Distortion, Turbo Distortion, Overdrive, and the Distortion Overdrive, but the only good thing on those was the price (they were cheaper) but I didn't like the sound of those. I choose it because the great sound it has. I wish it had the DC adapter included, I spend too much on batteries.

Its very reliable, the only bad thing is that you'll have to use a long, long lasting 9V battery, and, if youre gonna use a normal battery unplug it after you use it, because it literally drains the battery, I used 2 eveready, and lasted like 2 or 3 hours both(really), now I am using a EnergizerE-2(The silver ones), and it has lasted like 3 weeks. I would use it for a gig, but just with a new battery, it doesn't matter that the one it has, has been there for 2 or 3 days, I'm currently looking for the Boss 9V PSA DC adapter, so I will never have to worry about batteries.

A very easy pedal to use, hard as hell, it could resist a hammer hit and would keep functioning like nothing, the manual its good, although the settings that come there are kinda poor. And it's very very very easy to use, if you cant use it with the manual, can do it with the info on the web site,and if you cant use it with these web site & manual, you need your head to be checked. In the web site(www.bossus.com), there are more variety of settings just get into the multimedia demos, and go to Essential Effects Lab.