MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I have the MT-2 hooked up to a 15W Crate and I play a Jackson Dinky. The sound I get is right on the money and perfect for the style of music I play. With Gain set at about a 12 o'clock to 3 o'clock position it gives you good chunky distortion, sounds awesome palm-muted too. I would say, on my setting it sounds like Dimebag's distortion.

I mostly play heavy metal (Pantera, Metallica, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, etc.), classic rock (AC/DC, Guns And Roses, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Jimi Hendrix, etc.) and some blues. I have been playing about 10 months, and I got pretty good for 10 months. I compared it to Boss DS-1 and Mega Distortion, but liked this one better because the other ones didnt have the sound I wanted and for the most part sounded too "wussy" (sorry couldnt find a better word), they werent distortion pedals that would kick you in the balls and when you play them. The MT-2 gave me more of a weighty sound that I wanted because my amp distortion was to hard to operate (I had to stop playing, press the "solo" button, continue playing) and I just didn't like it. I would never let anyone steal this, and keep a close eye on it all the time. I like everything about this pedal: good chunky distortion, battery life is decent, its built like a tank and it doesnt take much brains to find the setting you like. There are no downsides for this pedal, everything is perfect (for me).

The thing is built like a tank. Drop it off of a 100-story building - it will still give you the sound you want (if I were you I wouldnt do that though). Even though I'm not good enough to play gigs, I would use it without a back-up, except I would take a spare battery. Actually that's all the thing needs - a battery or a power cord.

It took me about 4 minutes to get the sound I wanted from this pedal. The manual gave me 8 basic setups for the pedal (heavy metal, rock, fuzz, OD, etc.) but I didn't like how any of them sounded, so I simply learned what every knob meant and what will happen if I adjust it to a certain position and boom! I had my own sound. Its that easy!