MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: F-musiikki (Finland)

I have had the MT-2 for a little over a year now. Back when I bought it, I used to play it with an Ibanez GRX40, and a little 15w Crate amp, and even from such beginner-quality equiptment I was able to get a very heavy and satisfying sound. Nowadays I play an ESP with EMG-HZ pickups through a Hughes & Kettner 30W amp, but I rarely use the MT-2 anymore since I have purchased the Boss GT-6 which has the MT-2 built-in. However, when I tried my MT-2 pedal with this setup, the tone was just killer. The MT-2, although named Metal Zone, is not merely a headbanger's pedal, but offers a very wide variety of tones for anything between black metal and classic rock, even blues. Once you have played through the MT-2, you will probably puke when hearing the sound of your amp's distortion again.

I know the point was to be critical, right? But there really is nothing to criticize. This is the Ultimate Distortion Pedal.

Solid as a rock, it is. I can assure that this piece of eqiptment will not let you down, and will probably last a lifetime if it is treated with moderate respect. You can tell by looking from a mile away, that this baby could suffer a nuclear explosion without even affecting its tone.

There's 8 presets on the manual that get you to a good start in figuring out how to use the pedal. Once you play around with the EQ knobs, it becomes quite easy to dial in any tone that you desire. Although this took me some time, I cannot imagine how the pedal could be made any easier to use. Thus I give it a 5.