MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Hooters in st.albans

I am using an Ibanez RG7321 and I get a GR8 metal sound but a negative side of this pedal is that it is built for metal and metal only. I play along to ac/dc and I just cant get that GR8 sound for the likes of you shook me all night long it is also very high in treble but it is outstanding for metal. You do recieve a bit of feedback as you usally do with Boss pedals but this is only normal. I would say that this pedal is made for metal and maybe punk.

I play rock and this is brilliant for it I play with a cheap Peavy amp being the Rage 158 and it produces a GR8 sound so you can only imagine how good it would sound if it was out through a Marshall stack for example. I have been playing for almost 4 years and I also own a Boss PW-10 they are very similar in distortion sounds but I think the MT-2 is better for riffing and the PW-10 better for soloing. If I lost it I would look around at all the other metal pedals because there are alot and I have heard that Digitechs new metal pedal is exceptional but I would probably just back to this pedal if it was lost. I love the fact that the sound is just pure metal GR8 for metallica etc.

It seems to be very reliable I haven't had any problems with it yet and the battery seems to be very durable which is good but I wouyld recommend the use of an adaptor and no! it doesnt have to be a Boss adaptor even though it says it does on the box, Boss are just trying to get more money out of your pockets.

This pedal is very easy to use and can easily be adjusted to suit your prefrences. With this pedal you recieve a small manual telling you everything you have to know instead of a huge one that is full od a load of trash. This manual tels you how to set the pedal to metal, classic rock, punk, english rock etc.