MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use this pedal with my Schecter Omen 6 and my GX15 watt Crate. To hear the distortion of the pedal, you must switch to the clean channel on your amplifier. The manual says that you have to turn on the pedal before amp, which I don't do anyways. It wont malfunction. It's fun to make your own sound. My sound is heavy and distorted. It's like Metallica, Pantera, Black Sabbath and Megadeth. You can make it sound like Guns N'Roses, Velvet Revolver, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, and many more.

If you think about buying any kind of distorion pedals, this is the one because this has every setting for any disotrion pedals. I also own my first pedal, the DS-1, which is good, but doesn't have that big bottom distortion. I play everything, but mainly heavy metal. I've been playing for 4 years and the only thing I want is a half stack. Go buy this pedal!

This pedal is very reliable. It's small which can fit almost anywhere. If you're on a gig, bring batteries, but they can last for 12 hours. It says that you can buy a PSA adapter for it too, but use a Radio Shack adaptor that has 1. 5-12 volts on it. I turn to 9 volts which is the requirement for the pedal. I don't think you have to specifically use the PSA adaptor.

This Metal Zone pedal is very easy to use. It has 6 knobs in all. In the box, they give the manual with about 8 settings from, heavy metal to british rock to fuzz to Overdrive, etc. I mainly use this pedal for metal music. I got my own sound, which is similar to Pantera.