MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: St. Johns Music

I'm am currently using my Boss MT-2 pedal with an ok Sunrise electric (spinoff of a strat) with a 25 watt Fender Bullet Reverb amp. And it is serving me just fine! However soon I am planning to upgrade to maybe a 100 Watt Marshall Stack, and then to either the Tom Delonge Custom Strat, or a standard Gibson Les Pauls. Then I will be able to see what this thing is really made of! On some setttings this pedal gives basically no feedback, however of course there are some settings that there is some feedback but it is not very much at all! I've tried very hard to get settings of my favourie artists and I have come close (Blink 182, Sum 41, Nirvana, some heavier stuff like Metallica).

I play mainly rock, punk-rock, and alternative. This is a good pedal to start off with however I think soon I'll find a better pedal that can suit my needs. I have been playing for only one year however I am dedicated and a very fast learner and I am already tearing up basically every tab I Pick up (i. e. Nirvana, Blink 182, Sum 41, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, Metallica, Jimi Hendricks, RHCP) and the list goes on. If this pedal was stolen or lost I would not buy the same pedal. Despite it being an excellent peda, I am ready for a more advanced pedal, and am thinking of one of those pedals that have multi-effects on them. I wish this pedal didn't have such a high pitch. This pedal is a great pedal and I would suggest it to any guitarist just jamming in his basement. However anybody in a descent band or that is a more advanced guitarist should not buy this pedal without comparing it to other pedals on the market. I am currently using this pedal with my band, and I am not very pleased with it!

This pedal has excellent durability, it is a metal/steel frame and can take some punishment. However make sure you replace the battery before any gig, or having an adapter is an even better idea! If you have an adapter there should be no problem with it running out of fuel!

This is an excellent pedal however I found that no matter what the settings were to get a sound I wanted it was very difficult, and the pitch was a bit too high. However a manual was given, and it shows many great settings.