MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Hermes-Music

I use a Jackson KVX King V into a Dunlop Cry-Baby Wah, then into the MT-2, then into a EQ-1 Equalizer pedal, and a CH-1 (Chorus) pedal, then into a Crate amp. Sounds really good, and I get all the sounds I want. I can get a Megadeth type sound or a fat Black Label Society sound also, or a nice classic rock sound. It can range from sounding like an lite Overdrive pedal to something with good crunch.

I've been playing for more than 8 years, and I mainly play metal/hard rock, but I play rock, classic rock also, lots of guitar driven music. I play a Jackson V which sounds awesome through the MT-2. I would get another one if it was lost or stolen. I like that it ranges from a lot of different sounds, from light to hard distortion and everything in between. I would rather have it and not use it, rather than need it, and not have it. I've compaired it to other pedals and this is by far my favorite.

I have a spare MT-2 pedal, one that I bought off of a friend, but I would totally depend on it without a backup. I've had other pedals made of plastic and they break easier. Since Boss pedals are made like tanks, they're more reliable.

The MT-2 Metal Zone pedal is pretty easy to use after you get familiar with it. Having the mids to work with does make it a bit more challenging, but, it's good cause it gives you better depth to shape. It comes with a manual with different settings to get sounds, these are good, or you could just come up with one of your own. I put it through a GE-7 Equalizer pedal for more of a boost if you want (trust me, it's worth it).