MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Steve's Music, Ottawa

I use an Ibanez AX120 and various amps, the amp doesn't really matter. The sound is incredible. It's a great heavy metal pedal, but it can make awesome fuzz or overdrives. They always sound great and the battery lasts long, but I'd still recommend a 9 volt adaptor. You can get pretty much any distortions you want with it, it'll always be excellent.

It's great for any kind of distortion. But I still think it's a little too pricy. It's 139$ so I say your better off with a multi-effect like Boss' ME-50. I got it when I was still a beginner and I still use it at school or whatever because it's easier to transport than a multi-effect, but I still recommend a multi-effect. Bottom line it's a great pedal to receive as a gift, find or steal, but think twice before buying it.

I totally depend, it can take a serious beating with even affecting anything. I even jumped on the knobs once and they didn't break. (Do not try that at home!)

The Boss MT-2 Metal Zone is to easiness as BC Rich is to scrap. What I'm saying is you couldn't possibly make is more easier. You have four knobs. One for the love. Two double knobs for bass/treble and mid/mid frequency, and one for distortion. It's deceivingly simple but you wouldn't beleive the possibilities behind that. It even comes with a sheet that tells you how to set your pedal for a fuzz, rock, Overdrive, heavy metal etc. distortion.