MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Great Lakes Music

I use an old Fender tube amp and a standard strat with it, and it rocks, man. There's actually a lot of buzzing that takes place when I use it, but thats just from the interference on my TV. It's great for any song you want, and you can get a very wide range of sounds with the equalizer thats built in (thats what sold it for me).

I like to play basically Grunge, punk, or just hard rock (haven't had much experience, though), and I dont think there's a better pedal out there for the variety of sounds that can be produced. I could definetly see myself picking up another one of these once I get the cash, because often times I like to go super distorted during a song, but it would be a lot easier to just turn on another pedal than to bend down and turn up the distortion.

This thing I don't think will ever crap out, it's built like a bomb shelter and I have had no problems with it whatsoever (plus it came with a 5 year warranty if I did), and although I'm not playing gigs (yet). I would definetly trust this bad boy, but not without the 9v AC adapter, because unlike the pedal, batteries aren't reliable.

This thing is friggin' awesome. Now, I like a lot of the heavy, distorted stuff like Nirvana, Creed, Pantera, Metallica, whatever. This thing is terrific for whatever you want to play, you can get pretty much any sound you want out of it if you just mess with the knobs. I bought this thing when I had only around 2 months experience with guitar (now I have 6 months experience), meaning I had absolutely no experience with pedals, but it was still very easy to use.