MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: eBay

I can pull out soft blues tones, vintage Hendrix sounds, and raging heavy metal. This suits my style perfectly, which is classic metal and the heavier side of rock (Metallica, Sabbath, AC/DC, Zeppelin, etc). But I can also play much softer things with no problem in clarity. I can pull out incredible sustain on solos and still have outrageous clarity, even with full distortion. There is also minimal noise outside of your playing on this baby.

I love this pedal massively. It suits my style immensely, and is also very flexible. I have only been playing about a year, but this is by far one of the best products I have seen or played. I play a Peavey Raptor EXP Plus through a Crate GX120 with a 35Q Crybaby wah, and this pedal compliments them as much as possible. If it were stolen, I would burst into flames and explode, but I'd probably buy a new one also. I really hate nothing about this pedal, and I love the flexibility, sustain, and outrageous tone. I did not compare it to other products, because I had just started playing guitar. Thankfully I recieved an excellent product, and I have made many comparisons over the past year, and none have compared, except perhaps the Dinlop MXR Doubleshot Distortion, and the MXR Dime Distortion, but this one is comparitavely well priced, even as high as it's new price is. I wish it had missile launchers and a minibar, but we can't have everything.

It's a frickin' tank. The chassis of this monster is second only to the Dunlops, and anyone who has played on an MXR or Crybaby knows what I'm talking about. The only complaint are the buttons, which are made of somewhat soft plastic, but I suppose it's good that they absorb blows instead of being brittle, hard plastic and snapping in half. I use this with only one other pedal, my 35Q Crybaby, and it is durable enough to trust without backup.

Despite the grammatical fault in the above sub-title, this page will hopefully encourage some other guitarists to buy this pedal, because it is everything you could ever want. The controls are very simplistic, but provide excellent flexibilty of tone. I didn't even recieve the instructions and I figured it out quite easily. A little tough to master at the beginning, but with the booklet (if you buy it new) you should have great ease in controlling your tone. Overall, great "easy of use."