MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Ricorda Media

I use two guitars, a BC Rich Warlock Bronze series with tribal pattern and an Epiphone Flying-V Gothic with a Floyd-Rose tuning system. I get the best sound out of my Epiphone. It creates a lot of noise. Other pedals I have are Boss Chorus-Ensemble CE-5 (which I use with the distortion), DigiTech Whammy WH-1, and the famous Dunlop Cry Baby GCB-95. I once came pretty close to Dimebag's settings, it's easy to get a Metallica sound although I'm useless when it comes to finding guitarist's sounds.

I've been playing for a bit more than a year and this pedal satisfies me all the frieking time. I it was stolen I might have bought a MXR Dime-Distortion but I would have been sad. I bought it because I didn't have any pedals the distortion on my new amp was good but did't do the job plus so I could switch it on and off during songs.

It's not that I can't depend on it, it's that I am depending on it no but seriously, it's reliable sound-wise and strength-wise and no I woudn't use a back-up on stage.

It has a huge variation of sound. It can go from a light punk sound to a Death Metal face melting sound. The manual was quite helpful but I got the sound I wanted from the Boss website. There are some other models of distortion made by Boss but if you ask me, I'm happy with it.