MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Griffiths Guitar works, nl

In my setup I am using a Washburn X30 with a Randall RG100SC with dual celestion seventy eighty speakers. This setup along with my MT-2 distortion pedal is truly awesome for lead and heavy rhythm patterns. One bad thing about it though is that it gives off some noise when the distortion is set high. This pedal can generate sounds from Metallica to Black Sabbath and even some '50s & '60s rock and roll tones.

I play alot of different genres of music but mostly I play metal or hard rock. This being rightly named Metal Zone perfectly fits my type of music, and this being a very flexible pedal it gives me the ability to use it for many different types of music. I have been playing for a few years now and was hoping for a distortion pedal at some point, and I wasn't dissappointed with the Quality of this pedal for the amount paid. If this pedal was stolen or lost I might try out an Ibanez smash box, or just go with the MT-2 again. One thing I love about this pedal was its parametric controls and its dual gain circuitry which allowed me to get a very accurate control over my tone. I compared this pedal to the DigiTech Death Metal and I thought that the MT-2 ate the DigiTech pedal. Another bad thing I found about this pedal was that it didn't have the features that pedals like Ibanez smashboxes had.

This pedal is built like a tank. I have accidentaly droppd it a few times and still no marks or scratches. I would definetly use it on a gig without a backup, but while using the adapter (or pedal board) not the battery, I would never trust a battery powered pedal on stage.

I found this pedal easy to use, (except for the parametric controls which could get tricky for beginners) and extremely flexible. I found it very easy to dial in good tones. The manual that came with it had alot of different sounds, ranging from '70s power rock to low end heavy metal, but I tweaked with it and created my own sound.