MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I'm running this pedal through a pretty cheap 6.5" Ibanez practice amp, and it makes the world of a difference. Previously, I was relying on the Overdrive button on the amp, which was utterly terrible. With this pedal, the distortion is nice and heavy and chunky when needed.

This is my first pedal and it's been great so far. It's so customizable and I couldn't ask for much more. If you're thinking about picking one up, hop on eBay and see if you can find a used one for a decent price. With the the tanks that Boss makes, you can be pretty sure that even a used MT-2 will be just as solid as brand new!

I got a power cord for my pedal and with that, the pedal is unstoppable. I'm sure you know about the Boss reputation for building unbreakable pedals. Without a power cord, I would definately worry about battery supply, since I've read that this thing sucks up juice like no other. Just drop a few extra bucks and get that power cord for no worries.

Fairly straight forward stompbox. There are a few knobs, but after fiddling around with them for a bit they are pretty basic. Level, distortion, and an EQ for highs, mids, and lows. Pretty standard. The manual also comes with some presets that are pretty good.