MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Music Stop

I'm currently using a Peavey 15Watt amplifier which isn't bad, it's actually good. Also a Peavey Raptor EXP Plus. I'm saving for a better axe at the moment. I cranked it up a lot, you can never lose the tone. Like some bad distortion pedals, once you crank something it's all cluttered. I can get a Maiden sound, Slayer, Metallica, BLS, almost anything. Well there's nothing yet that I coculdnt get. The distortion is killer, if you dont have this pedal, then your missing out.

Well my style is metal, and etc. Well, would I buy it if I didn't want to play metal? The name says it all. I've been playing ever since christmas, and I've got natural talent. Gonna start soloing by the end of summer. I would definitely buy it again, if stolen. It's the only pedal that suits me. Even the DigiTech Death Metal can't compare to the sounds I get out of this. I love that it's black, and easy to use. There's nothing about this pedal that I hate, but everyone has their own opinions. I dont wish that this pedal needs anything else. It has 6 controls, level, high, low, mid, mid freq, and distortion. The only things you'd ever need. Besides buying another pedal like wah, or tremelo.

I already dropped it a couple dozen times, nothing happened to it yet. This would be my first choice to use for a gig, even without a backup. I'd have to get batteries or an adaptor. But I've tested the efficiency of this pedal, to a DigiTech HotHead. Well, lets just say mine lasted for 11 hours. The other lasted 7 or so. Big difference when you think about it. Oh I used Panasonic batteries too, so you know which kind to go buy eh.

Well, for beginners it might be a dificult task. But on their website it shows a few good setups, to get a metal sound out of it. The manual, I read it, after I figured it out by myself. There's also a few setups there too. It'd only took a little while of fooling around, tweaking this and that, to get your own sound.