MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Local Guitar Store

Very intimidating in terms of size but Boss' MT-2 reminds me of MIB's "Noisy Cricket," You know, the tiny thing which blasts everything in front of it when fired? Getting to the bottom line. I'm using it with a Fender 1600 DSP and I have noticed MT-2's unique ability to combine bassy dists and hi sustains at the same time by just cutting the mid freq section. Just by playing with the controls you could get a variety of extremely distorted sounds and trashy metal Grunge. Trust me, the moment you plug it into your amp, you wont believe its solid state, except if your amp is already a tube amp.

We usually play metal and sometimes we go smooth clean with bluesy vintage riffs and the MT-2 really fits all the sounds. I've played this ped for about a month and well, its still a two-thumbs-up! I've compared it with other Boss dists when I was testing each for the buy and, well, it ranks above among others. That's pretty subjective but I would really be confident to say that this ped is the one of the best. Pretty cheap for the sound it makes and that you could just save some of your daily allowance to school for this ped, in fact thats what I did.

Usually, I bring a DC adaptor when doing gigs and stuff so bag-downs due to batteries are no problem. Talking about durability, those people behind Boss really mean "durable!" Kick the ped around, drop it, stomp it (who doesnt?), throw it and you'll just get a few dings and dents, not on the sound but on the casing. But seriously, damaging the jacks would affect your performance with occasional breaks in sound or whatever. But that's common sense and nobody would intentionally kick it around unless youre already half-insane.

Distortion, it is the most basic guitar effect in the world of modern rock. Boss' MT-2 features gain/dist, output level, low, hi, mid and mid-freq controls. I would recommend this ped as anybody's dist pedal, especially to metal rock players. the controls are really flexible I tell you and you dont need a manual to operate it. Anyway, they should put a warning label saying: "There is an extremely high distortion available, judicious use of the dist control must be observed."