MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music Company

I use a crappy Yamaha guitar and a peavy guitar amp. With the Boss MT-2 plugged in, my piece-of-trash Yamaha sounds like a decent Jackson or Ibanez guitar. Seriously, it makes almost anything sound good, if you experiment with the controls a bit. It produces feedback if you turn the distortion on high (which is what I usually do), but thats expected, 'cause this is a metal distortion pedal! Otherwise, it doesnt give feedback. This pedal is great for playing stuff like Vital Remains, Lamb Of God, etc. Mostly metal bands. It can simulate blues drivers, or a crunchy distortion, but its not as good as if you actually went to buy a blues driver or crunch distortion pedal.

I play Metal. Mostly thrash metal with heavy influences from Lamb Of God and Slayer. Before I bought this, I tried out a few other metal pedals (like DigiTech), but I wasn't as pleased with the other ones. This pedal is built for metal. Its been a year, and I'm still using the same pedal I bought. Though there are a few scratches on it, it still produces that sweet killer metal sound that no other pedal can compare to. If I lost the pedal, I'd go back down to the music store to get me a new one. There's no compromise. Boss MT-2 is probably the best metal distortion pedal you can get in the markets as of this day. Trust me, you won't be let down by this pedal.

You can always depend on Boss pedals. That's what I learned. I've gigged with it for over a year now, and it never let me down. Even when the batteries were a bit low, this thing can still produce a blasphemous distortion! I would definitely use this pedal without backup (wait, I've been doing that for a year already) because when it comes to Boss, there's no need for a backup pedal.

Boss pedals are infamous for their ease of use. I mean, anyone with a 3rd grade education could get any sound they want out of this thing. It's really simple. There are 6 knobs. One volume, one treble, one bass, one middle frequency selector, one middle frequency volume, and last of all the distortion volume. Now that could sound daunting (yes, six diffrnt controls), but with a bit of patience you can get any type of distortion from a bluesy crunch noise to a Lamb Of God killer distortion. The manual isn't very helpful, but that's alright because this thing is really easy to figure out.