MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

The sound you can get out of this thing is absolutely awesome. You can go from semi-bluesy sound, to soft grainy like distortion, to full on thrash metal. You can get bad sounds out of it but you actually would need to try and do that. I use an Ibanez GAX70 w/a 15 watt spring reverb amp. The sounds I can get out of that are really good so I know a bigger amp or better guitar would be sick!

I play rock music like Staind, Godsmack, Creed (RIP), Nickleback, and many other bands and It works just fine for me. I'm not saying that I try to match them with distortion. I just tweak it till I get a good sound for whatever song it is. I have been playing guitar for a little over 4 years and when I got this pedal I tested the DigiTech Grunge, the Line 6 Uber Metal, 2 other Boss dist. Pedals and I think another one and none of them could touch the MT-2. I would definately buy this pedal if it were stolen and not think twice. I don't think I will ever need another distortion pedal for as long as I live.

I would definately use this in a gig w/o having a backup and I wouldn't worry for a single second. Even if you use a battery instead of the adapter you wouldn't have to worry. For a distortion pedal the battery would easily last several hours. I used the battery that came with my pedal and it lasted for 9-11 hours and I don't even know how new the battery was so for a gig it would be just fine. Being made out of metal I would not worry about stomping it to hard and breaking it. You could jump on the pedal with all your weight for years and I am sure it wouldn't break. Even the knobs are durable. I accidently step on them when I was stepping back and they still work like brand new.

Getting a good sound out of the MT-2 is really easy to do after you mess around with the settings a little bit and get used to them. It only took me 2 days to find a personnal sound for me and then I found another one a couple of days after that. I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because you do have to mess around with it a bit to find what you like. After getting used to it though there is no difficulty getting a variety of sounds.