MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use this tiny little 15 watt Crate amp with a mediocre sound, but this distortion makes a big difference. The Overdrive setting they give you sounds amazing through my Mexican Fender Fat Strat. I was so surprised that I could get the sound I did out of it. The heavy metal sound is menacing (in a good way). I might as well be crashing to metal bricks into each other. The three band EQ gives me alot more versatility than the average distortion pedal, even though it was a new concept for me.

Don't let the name Metal Zone fool you. I've gotten Hendrix and Santana tones out of this pedal. Like I said, this was my first pedal, and I doubt I will need another distortion pedal, unless I wanted a really bluesy tone. I love the fact that I can get a good amount of sounds and tones out of it. My only problem was the fact that it was difficult to use at first. But don't be intimidated; I know a guy who plays in a reggae band and uses only this pedal and a wah! I highly reccomend this product. If this was lost, I would run out and buy it again. I got it on sale, it's normally a bit more expensive, but I think it's worth the price.

It's a Boss. I would rely on this pedal anywhere, no backup neccessary.

This pedal is difficult for newbies to get their desired sound. This was my first pedal I bought, and it intmidated me at first. However, the manual gives you a few setting to get started with, as well as an explanation of the 3 band EQ, which helped me alot.