MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Starr Music

I'm using a Squier Fender Strat with a Crate bass amp (which works very well with music that needs a boost of low tones) and it works good except the occasional screech, but you only hear that if your laying your guitar down. Its "big" sounding and it sounds great if your using palm mutes.

I play metal, and nu-metal and its perfect for that it's sometimes a pain to set the levels but it's great! I haven't been playing that long but I play bass guitar, electric guitar, I sing, and my whole family is very musically orieted. This is the only pedal I own, but I have heard other pedals while checking them out on the Web, and I've read very many reviews that have stated that this pedal isn't very practical unless you play metal, but I have to disagree the only reason I can think of for them to say so is that they don't want to find out how to play those things. The companys pedals that try to sound like this one and trying in vein because this pedal has so many different styles of setups and tones. I wish Boss included a sheet with different setups for different music styles. If this were stolen I would deffinatley buy another MT-2.

Super tough and reliable (what do you expect from Boss). I would give these to my whole band to use without any backup pedals.

This pedal is great for any type of music that you need distortion, from Death Metal to rock and everything else too. I love this pedal, and for the money I paid or even more its one of the best distortion pedals.