MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I'm using this pedal with an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and playing through various solid state amps. I have generally found that it sounds good at low sound levels, but better the louder I play. It ranges a lot of distortion sounds from a warm rock sound over punk and classical heavy metal to Death Metal. I can easily get the sounds of Metallica, Green Day, The Offspring, Disturbed, 3 Doors Down, etc. The only minus is that it sometimes cannot reach the very soft levels of distortion, but as it is called Metal Zone is doesn't invite to playing with that sound.

I play different genres of metal and this pedal is perfect for them all. I can get exactly the tone I want. I have been playing the guitar for about 10 years now and this is the most diverse distortion pedal I have ever played with. If the pedal was stolen I would gladly purchase is again. I has all the features I would ever need in a distortion pedal.

The MT-2 is very dependable. The box is made of metal and has a very solid and durable feel. I could jump on it for a whole gig without any harm on it. I do not own a power adapter for this pedal and play it on a 9v battery. The battery lasts several months even though I use it 2 hours a day on average. I would gladly use this at gigs without backup (and I do).

At first it was hard to change the tone of the pedal the way I wanted, as it has a 4-bend equalizer (which is more complex than meny other distortion pedals). But after a while I learned how the different knobs affected the tone. It has a manual with 4 good presets and once I got the hang of the pedal, I learned how I could alter them to the exact tone I wanted.