MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Local Guitar Retailer

I'm using this pedal with a variety of guitars through a crate GFX series amp. All I can say is that the sound never fails to impress me. It's so simple to get a great distortion sound for any song you are trying to replicate. I am a big Dry Kill Logic fan and this does wonders replicating their sound, especially on songs like Rot and The Strength I Call My Own. The only time I ever get noise out of my pedal is when I have lots of reverb or chorus dialed in on my amp. Without reverb or chorus dialed in it is cleaner than Mr. Clean.

I play a lot of heavy music. I play anything from Anal Cunt to Slayer with this pedal and it never stops performing to my expectations. My favorite feature is the mid range dials. It always impresses my how easily I can change my sound using the mid range controlls only. Its a great pedal to find your own unique sound, however it is a shame that it doesn't have chorus. If this pedal had chorus controlls on it I would be in heaven (or hell however you want to look at it).

It seems dam reliable to me. I've put it through some tough stuff, but it is still as it came out of the box. I would in fact use it on stage without a backup on hand.

This pedal is very easy to use. I really like the ease of the mid range controlls. Further more the manual is quite helpfull for use of a guide line if you haven't used any comparable distortion boxes.