MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Some random guitar shop

I use my crappy little 10w Watson with my Fender Strat and it sounds incredible! A real tube amp sound, just incredible. I could play it all day and never get bored. I have yet to try it with my 30w Fender amp but I'm sure it will be amazing. If you are considering getting a new amp for a more metal/rock sound, get this first! That's exactly what I did and I may have saved myself 300. The only slight thing I have to say here is that you shouldn't turn the treble up too high because it sounds harsh (maybe you like it like that).

I play metal and rock stuff and it fits my requirements perfectly. Metal sounds amazing with full bass, scooped mids and treble just over halfway. I've been playing just over 4 years and this is the best my Fender Strat has ever sounded apart from one gig we did with a big Marshall stack (that sounded good). If it was stolen, I'd cause the person who stole it a lot of pain with a cheesegrater whilst on the way to buy another. The two things I love most about this pedal are its cool style and inceredible sound. It's also alot smaller than I thought it would be which is good for transportation to band practices.

It's a Boss, nothing else needs to be said. It comes with a 5 year warranty so I'm sure they expect it to last. Made of metal (goes with the name) so it's very durable. I would use this again and again without considering a backup.

This is very easy to switch on and off and has a good range of controls. It takes a while to find a nice setting, but once you get there, it owns!