MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Ingram's Music

I use this pedal with my Schecter Damien 6 plugged into a Randall RH200G2. And the sound is phenomenal. This pedal has so much cruch and when tuned right it will make you sound like Kerry King. I mostly play Slayer, Satyricon, Dimmu Borgir and this pedal is perfect for me. It gives me the sound I need to play balck or Death Metal. But I can also tune it down so I can play Metallica or maybe even some Green Day. The distortion is god like and the pedal does not make your amp humm.

Like I said I play a lot of black and Death Metal and I know this pedal will let me achieve the darknest I need to do that. And if you want it for something else this pedal is not just for metal, you can use it for rock and hard rock. This pedal work really good with my set up and if I ever break it or accidentaly smash it with my guitar I will go down and buy another one. This is probably the best 90.00 bucks I ever spent in music today. Buy it. It's so worth your time and money.

I haven't own my MT-2 very long, but I already know it can take a pretty hard stomp and survive. I'm not playing too many gigs but I do go practice with a bunch of my buddies and I'll tell you, you dont need a back up.

The MT-2 is a very outstanding pedal. Though it will intimidate novice guitarists. The control nobs will a little tough for the novice to get what sound they want. For me it was quite easy because I already knew how to work it. But don't be dicouraged, the MT-2 comes with a list of settings already draw out for you. You can choose from heavy metal, hard rock, 3 different rock stinge and an Overdrive. And you cant start with those and tweak iot out to find your desired sound. Just take time to read the manual and it will become a lot easier to use.