MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Sound Control , Leeds

I use a Richwood Les Paul with Ernie Ball customs. A Behringer 15 watt GM108 amp a DigiTech RP50 for Multi FX, a Behringer OD100 for my distortion and Overdrive and the MT-2 for lead and some rhythm. It can be a bit noisy if you are in a small room and close to your amp which is on full volume but you expect that on sertain pedals really. It isn't noisy as in feedback noisy though. The effect I have at the moment for lead is extremely good. I haven't really checked any other sounds out but I love the sound I've got now. I play Green Day, Blink 182, Rise Against and other stuff and it works great for them, especially when I use my OD100 with it.

I play rock music and it fits perfectly. If it was stolen or lost I would buy another if I had the money, but I'll make sure it is never stolen! I compared it to all the other Boss distortion pedals apart from one which was the Mega Distortion MD-2. I also compared it to other pedals such as the Marshall Guvnor. This pedal was so much better then the others but quite alot.

As with all Boss pedals there are almost indestructable. Extremely well made. I would definately use this without a back up.

It's is pretty easy to get a sound out of. I just messed about with the controls till I found my sound. In the manual there are some settings in there to get certain sounds like heavy metal, British rock etc. The maunual is pretty good, there are the settings as I said in the above paragraph and some information on how to the work it, what's on the pedal, and the normal technical difficulties shit. I'm pretty sure this is the only Meral Zone pedal Boss have released.