MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: EBay

I use the german Hughes & Kettner Matrix 1x12 Combo. The Metal Zone can be very fuzzy and noisy, but with the right setting you can get nearly every wanted sound. I found out, that the mid part with its freq controller is a real thousand sounds creater from death, trash, speed, doom, black and nu-metal. You can get every kind of metal sound out of it but you need patience. The sound is a killer!

I play bimetal (mix of (hard/prog rock and metal) and I play for five years now and I can only say if you want to buy a MT-2 go to some Internet Sites and search for user presents, I tested nearly all of them and not even one was good enough for me (I need a direct but hard, a plenty distored but non fuzz/noise sound) but the presence helped me to create my own sound. I found out, that the level knob shouldn't be ober 2'o clock and that nobody has the same setting like me.

I think you gotta have very much bad luck to destroy or disable this pedal in any kind, because it is solid like a tank.

It is freakin hard to get the tone out of it, that you want to have. I nearly thought about selling it again but then I set down for an hour and tried, tried, tried. Now I finaly found the right setting(s) like the shittyfuzzless - pure metal distortion or the bassfullgain morder metal sound.