MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Music Manor

I live at two houses(divorced parents) so I dont like to carry a 100-watt monster back and forth, so I have a Behringer 15-watt and an Ibanez RG1570 hooked up to this. Sounds soo grand even out of the littlest of amps. I get sounds like Slayer, Cannibal Corpse, Morbid Angel, Metallica, and Unearh etc or even rock like ac/dc, Guns N' Roses, Aerosmith and more. So versitle it will make your head spin. Just because the name is Metal Zone doesn't mean at all by any means that this is only an metal sort of thing. You can even use it to modify "clean" tones with its EQ set up. But if you especially love Cannibal Corpse this is the best pedal you will ever use, I read on their website that they use this same pedal. The only bad thing is when it is pn a high distortion setting you hear al little static and you get feedback easy, but nothing a Boss noise reducer can fix. Trust me the DigiTech metal pedals do way more static and feedback. I have borrowed different types of metal-pedals in my decision making process. But the results of those test lead to me buying this.

I play high distorted thrash like Cannibal Corpse or medium distorted music like Slayer pretty much, best match ever especially for Cannibal Corpse types. I own a Vox VT100 combo, this, Boss noise reducer, Boss EQ (the big one I forget the name of), Ibanez RG1570, and an Ibanez 7-string that I bought at the shop which I don't know which specific model it is. If this pedal was stolen or lost I would so buy this again! I love the versitility of this thing but mostly the thrashy chainsaw tone that screams I am gonna rip you apart. Nothing is to be hated about this bad boy except for the name. Favorite features is of course the versitlility of multiple sound styles. I have compared this (sort of) in my last section. Buy, experiment, be satisfied, trust.

This bad boy carries the profound Boss name. You can through this into the center of the earth, bouncing of every rock and edge, landing in the pits of hell, sinking into satans lake of fire, and this pedal will be in perfect condition. Not even god could break this bad boy. And I have used this in a gig, just use a noise reducer or between songs or long rests keep those strings muted or die.

This pedal can be a little bit of a pain at first, I forgot my manual in the shopping bag which was thrown away. I played with the settings for like five minutes tops and got some killer sounsd out of it (without the manual). This pedal is an overall killer easy to use pedal. I got many sounds out it in just five minutes. Easy to use!