MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Guitar Gallery

With my MT-2 I'm using a Gibson Explorer with a Roland amp. The British rock setting is the only setting that tends to get on my nerves because it has soooo much distortion and seems to sound rather like an unreachable signal on a TV. Other than that the other ones sound great. The British rock one sounds like British rock I just don't like it. Especially sounds like the actual artists that use them like the Allman Brothers Band.

I play all types of rock. Punk, hardcore, metal, '80s metal, and jam. This is a good match for all. I've been playing for 3 years now and I own a Gibson Explorer, Roland amp, Boss MT-2 pedal, and a Jackson Soloist. I probably would have liked to have the money now that I used on this pedal to be an addition to the money I'm saving up for now for a multi-effect processor. But this was a good first pedal for me and has lasted throughout the last 1 1/2 years. If it were stolen I would put an APV on it and try to get it back but if it doesn't turn up I wouldn't be too heart broken. I love it's versatile tones and my favorite is probably the fuzz or rock n' roll.

You can definately depend on this pedal to run right. Although at a gig I would probably still use some type of backup because you never know with technology man it always has a flaw.

It's very easy to use. It comes with a booklet that gives you all the settings you'll need from heavy metal to fuzz and rock n' roll. It is made for all types of rock musicians not just heavy ones. Warren Haynes of The Allman Brother's Band has one so that tells you something.