MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Archambault

I got a Jackson JS30DK and a Marshall 15w MGDFX to play with this. I bought the pedal because the Overdrive of that amp is not that great. It definately did the trick for the distortion problem. There is a little buzz but I suspect the guitar is the source of it. The effects are strong and sound really great. You can get the sound from pretty much anyone who plays with distortion but you really got to play with the knobs. It's even funnier though to find your own tone since there is a lot of possibility with those knobs.

I play mainly metal and this is the thing for it. It's a great addition to any gear. I have been playing for a year or so and I really like it. Before buying it I also wanted to try the Line 6 Uber Metal since I heard lot of good things about this but it wasn't available in a store nearby. If it was stolen or lost I would probably buy it again (or maybe the uber if I can get a hold of it).

I can definately depend on it. It seems like it's bullet proof! The thing is pretty heavy but you could drop it a thousand times and it would still be perfect. I'm not too sure though about using it on a gig. I didn't try this thing live but know people who did and they said that it added a lot of buzz to the whole sound. Even though it's a good pedal, it's not even 100$ so it's not perfect. One more thing, buy the AC adaptor with it. You can just put a battery in this but it doesn't last long.

This pedal is very easy to use. Not a lot of knobs but still enough to get a great deal of sounds. One level, one high and low, two mid and of course the distortion. You can get sound from Metallica, Children of bodom and other metallish thing to the '80s rock sound. I think there is another version of this pedal with an upgrade but it's more pricy. The manual is pretty simple and it gives you exemples of settings.