MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Second hand

I'm using it with a Peavey Rage 158 and a Squier Strat and I can still get an awesome sound. One drawback is that it's pretty noisy, but it's a heavy distortion pedal, and that's pretty inevitable. My ME has a built in noise gate anyway. I often use the really heavy disto to enchance pinch harmonics while I'm playing Coheed and Cambria songs, some assorted metal songs, and other stuff I make up.

This is a very good match for my musical style. It covers a very wide spectrum of different distortions. Don't let the name fool you; the Metal Zone is useful for styles other than just hard rock and metal. I use it in the chain with a Yamaha Magicstomp, an Ibanez Delay, a Dano Compressor and a tuner. I love just cranking the distortion way up and playing my favourite songs with amazing tone. I haven't played without this pedal since I got it. I would absolutely replace this if it were stolen.

Absolutely would I depend on it.

I love this pedal; it is my go-to-guy for distortion. I'm in love with the sound. I'd been needing one for ages, because I have a ME that uses patches, that can only be used one at a time, so I need a distortion to go with it. No manual with it because it was used, but depite the fact that it has 6 controls, it's still easy as pie to get a select sound from it.

kt_guitarist
    a good pedal but it realy sharp in combination with a marshall amp. i like the tones although i am thinking on buying another more bluesy-er pedal. its a real cold one