MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Steve's

Use it on both my Westone Spectrum (single single double) set up, and my Jackson RR3 Rhoads. Have it hooked up after my Dunlop GCB, then after the MT-2 have it hooked up to my GE-7 which I use only to go get more punch for solos (I'll get more into that later) then into my CE-3 chorus, then BF-2 flanger, then into my DD-3 Delay. Settings I have on my amp is the usual "v" sweep, about 6-bass, 2-3.5-mid, 6-7-high; sounds better loud than it does on my practice amp at home. At the rehearsal space, I crank the Marshall to about a 2-3 volume setting w/ the presence all the way up. Sounds great, no buzz, any buzz I get I generally blame on my Westone (whenever I have the toggle switched up to the neck and get that single coil buzz). But other than that it sounds great. After I added the GE-7 to it, it just sounds magnificent, when I play on my own (no other guitar to back me up) I'd leave MT-2 and GE-7 in mid scoop setting to get that ultimate metal sound and crunch.

Play metal, been playing for about 10 years or so, have had the pedal for about 5-6 before that I had the hyper metal pedal. This still kicks ass. If I lost it I'd definitely buy another one for sure.

I depend on it, well it's a Boss, my favourite stomp pedal, have had it for a good amount of years now and I jump on it, stomp and just go nuts on it and it still ticks. But the rubber where the nut seals the battery area inside has just worn out, but still works like a beast. How's that for reliability?

Bought it brand freakin new, about 6 years ago and still using it now. Has default patches on the manual, managed to like the metal one but w/ a few minutes playing around with it I found my own, easy as hell to configure.