MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Musican's Friend

I use a '76 lespaul through a Fender projunior, sounds great. A huge plus to it is that it makes your little amp (15 watt projunior) sound like a roaring stack of tube amps. It really makes you sound big, it will not replace your Marshall stack, but then again nothing will. You can get thick metal tones or more screachy highs so any guitarist can find a use for it.

This is the only distortion pedal for me. I enjoy playing rock and blues out of it, you can really get some funky fuzz sounds out of it, and there is enough gain to satisify the vast majority of metal players. I combine it with a mxr eq, a crybaby 535Q, and a Crate GX1000 reverb, chours, and delay modulator, but for the more mellow distortion needs I use a Ibanez sonic distortion (very rare, but very good pedal). I first borrowed an MT-2 from a friend, and when I had to give it back I went out and bought on a week later, and I don't regret doing so. This pedal works good on tube amps and solid state, unlike most other pedals of this type (Line 6 Uber Metal). So if you want a really metalic distortion I emplore you consider the metal zone.

Very solid construction, I've droped the thing countless times, and though it looks like crap it still sounds like the day I bought it. I recemend getting a 9v adaptor, just because of the hassle of buying battries is not my thing, though you can get a good 6 hours out of a duracell.

The MT-2 is a little difficult to get just right, you really have to play with it, but after that it sounds wonderful. It is really the only (good) metal effect out there, but I get great fuzzy, and even Overdrive sounds out of it, its very versitile. There is very little tone sucking, even less so than the Ibanez TS-9, etc. The manual comes with some helpful presets that sound pretty good so even if you just started playing you can get some good sound out of it.

Warhead666
    I have one and just got it today, absolutely amazing, takes time to get used to the EQ.
    the spiker
    Shred some seroius sh!t with this. My breath was taken away with the heavy riffs I can pull off now. You just need to spend some time to get ot know your new pedal. Turn every knob eveyr which way and you'll soon realize how frigggin baddass this thing is. Don't buy the DS-7 Distortoin Factory because this is way better.