MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I play a Schecter C1 Blackjack through a Crate XT120R and with this pedal it sounds great. The amp itself has good sound but when paired with this pedal you can get sounds as good as you can expect out of a solid state. I have not noticed much noise from the pedal on any particular setting. It sounds it's best at all times. I have a friend with a Peavey bass amp (don't know what model) and when you play through the amp with this pedal It sounds better than some guitar amps I have heard. With this pedal you cam achieve sounds to rival Metallica, Pantera, In Flames, As I Lay Dying, and many more heavey metal artists, But not only is this pedal good for metal it can sound like Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and Guns N' Roses.

My main style of music is metal like As I Lay Dying and In Flames and this pedal is perfect for those styles. This pedal is also great for rock. I play some punk and use this pedal for that too. Like I said, this pedal is great with my current set up. I kind of wish it had a manual or power supply but thats what I get for buying second hand. If it ever got lost (yeah right) or stolen I would definitly buy another one but probly a new one this time. I love everything about this pedal I have not found one flaw with it yet and have had it for 8 months or so. I also own a Boss DS-1 Distortion and it is ok and I would use it if I had to but the MT-2 is definitly ahead of the DS-1 in sound quality and heaviness.

This pedal is one of the toughest pieces of equipment I have ever seen. That is why I use Boss almost exclusively because they make tough products. The pedal I have fell out of the back of a truck travelling down a highway going 65 mph and came out of it with only minor scratches and played just as good as it did before. I would definitely count on this pedal without a backup. The only thing that might need to back this up is a couple 9-volts because it drains batteries fast!

This pedal has a great sound. At first it was hard to figure out with the different settings. I purchased it from my guitar teacher and it didn't come with a manual so everything I know came from messing with the thing. If you take your time with learning it you can produce a wide variety of sounds with the many settings.

aza_rock_god
    i just bought one today (my early bday pressie) and MAN it has blown me away! the things you can make out of this, wow! i love it, but it does get frustrating if you cant find your right sound.. overall i love it!