MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: E-bay

I'm using a carlsboro 25 watt amp and plugged into them I have either my bc rich ironbird or my Jackson performer flying V or a Fender strat. My prefered setting when playing heavy metal is just everything full but if I feel a little more technical I drop the mid lower then the high (high is usually about 7-8) and I keep the low full. The mid frequency is at 200 to give it as much bass as possible. I change the distortion acording to what I'm playing, same with the volume.

It's got for my heavy metalling and rock etc. but for anything bluesy or anything that strays too far from heavy rock it doesnt suit. I've been playing for just over a year and it works well with all my gear except my strat as it is not a heavy metal guitar. I wish I had asked for a manual instead of having to learn as I went along. If it was stolen I would replace it but if I had the money id go for something a little more expensive. I also have a multi effects pedal and however much that gives me more distorion effects this being solely a distortion pedal means its much better suited.

Its very dependable as its heavy duty and hasn't broke yet. It doesn't look like it will either. The only problem I have is with the dc plug I have with it but that was bought seperatley. Yes I'd use it at a gig as I have every bit of faith in it.

At first I found this pedal hard to use to get the tone I had in my head out of my head and into real life. But as I used it more it became easier to use and does give a good quality distortion. There was no manual as It was free with my guitar.