MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: guitarcenter

Before I was running it over a Behringer amp, the amp's distortion was bad. I was using it with an old Boss distortion, but needed this one for the fatter sound. Now the Behringer amp is gone I run it trough a Mesa/boogie DC-3 tube amp with a Epiphone SG armed with Gibson pickups (500t + Toni Iommi sign). Now I only use it for a clearer solo tone, becouse the lead channel on my Mesa has more note definition but for solo's I use the metalzone. On the right settings it allways sounds awesome, thick, heavy and brutal with a nice crisp edge. But the bad thing about it is, it delivers by the name: Metal. It's only usuable for metal, hardrock and bleussolo things. For slight overdriven classic rock sounds it's useless. For me sometimes it's just to fat. I give it a 9 becouse the metal realy sounds killer, if you're looking for that, here is God!

I play mostly rock and metal things, now with the band we are going more to a Velvet Revolver direction. And the lead channel on my Mesa/Boogie is better for that becouse it has more definition. The Boss is a bit to fat. I still use the Boss for nice sharp solo's that the Mesa just can't give me. But I throw a bit creamy Overdrive tones in from the Mesa clean channel wich makes it more bleusy. For metal, fusion and shred this thing is God, and I love it. If it was stolen I would definately buy it again!

It's a Boss, build like a tank. It's real reliable, one time at a show there was beer all over it and it didn't feel a thing. Just doing the job! Normaly I'm nicer to my equipment.

It's a Boss MT-2 Metal zone. It has a 4 band EQ, volume and distortion controls. I suggest buying a adapter, makes it more reliable. First time I used it I had no idea of how getting decent sound out of it, lucky for me the manual gave me presets.

diablos
    have had one for ages, really ive never found a good use for it, the sounds on my mode four are much better... we do use it a bit as a preamp (with the dist way down) for recording purpose to cut out some of the boomy lower end stuff but my mates got one aswell so im now looking to sell it. i live in ireland and im loking for 60 euro if anyones interested =P
    hippieking24
    i like this pedal a lot, still not as great as my screamin' blues pedal, but a great pedal
    bc_rich_m7
    i dont care wat people have to say abou tthis pedal its gr8!! the names jst gives it away METAL!!!, you can get some amazing sounds of it!