MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I'm using the MT-2 with a Squier Telecaster Custom and a Roland Micro Cube. This is probably the only distortion I'll ever need because I can get so many sounds from it. I usually use this pedal for getting sounds of AC/DC and other stuff like that. It sounds amazing if you're playing metal (hence the name "Metal Zone") but no matter what kind of music I use it for it sounds great.

I've been playing for about a year. I play mostly metal and hard rock. Not only can I get those sounds, but almost any other style of rock or punk. If this thing was stolen I'd be really ticked and then I'd get a new one as soon as I could. I was looking to get a new distortion and was looking at a bunch of other Boss effects, but this one was so versatile, I just had to get it.

I would always depend on this pedal. I don't gig, but if I did I wouldn't have a backup pedal, but I might bring some extra batteries if the place didn't have any outlets, which I always use. When I'm messing around at home, I stomp on it like crazy and there isnt a scratch on it. It's almost entirely made of metal, so I don't think it would break very easily.

When I first looked at this pedal I was confused. But I looked in the manual and it had a bunch of different settings to get different sounds for it. Now I can use it very easily. If you want to get this pedal used, you should find the manual on-line so you can find all the different settings.