MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Gift from my brother

This is the best part of it to me. I can get anything from Jimi Hendrix to Dimebag. I use it with my Custom Fat Strat and a Marshall amp. Turn the gain almost all the way down, fix the EQ and you got Hendrix, love the tone for Foxey Lady. Turn the gain all the way up, turn the bass and mids up a bit and you've got Dimebag. I find it to be pretty versatile, but you can also get some pretty horrible sounds with the pedal if you don't bother to mess with the EQ controls.

This is a great pedal for rockers and metal heads alike. I've been playing for about a year and 9 months now and I've really enjoyed being able to finally get the tones I wanted. I've only tried it through my strat, since my Kingston has been out of comission for a bit. If it were lost or stolen, I would definitely buy a new one to replace it. I just love the sound you can get, but hate the time it takes to find it. The ease of use is my only complaint and it's not really a complaint, it just takes a bit of timie. The reliability and durability seem to be great and this pedal has great capabilities. It's my favorite pedal of its kind!

I haven't had any trouble with it as of yet, but I also haven't had a gig with it either. It looks and feels very sturdy, as most Boss pedals do, so that's really all I can go on for that. I have dropped it a few times actually though and it has held up well. Travelling with it doesn't seem to be a problem either, as I take it back and forth on 200 mile trips all the time and I just stick it in an extra pocket on my guitar bag.

This unit is somewhat difficult to find a good tone with, but once you find it, it's by far my favorite pedal. All it really takes is playing around with the settings and you can find some great sounds. Its features include: gain, 3 band EQ, and level. The EQ has bass, middle, middle freq., and treble. Standard Boss stompbox and input/output jacks of course.

OttovanZanten
    i tested it, don't see Y people find it so hard to get a right sound, I just turned all te knobs and found the PERFECT sound in 5 minutes...
    nickwarhead
    If you already have a high gain tube amp, you have no need for this pedal. Buy a decent overdrive and work with the sounds that the amp has, not this buzzy fake sounding pedal...
    Danis1
    If some champion manages to find a very close System of a Down or Aveneged Sevenfold tone can you please please post it! Also write what your treble and bass settings. Its a great pedal but as many others have said it is really hard to find a good tone with it, 9/10
    punksucks666
    im looking for a hatebreed, chimaira or evanesense sound, i dont have this, im using a randall 200 wat g2 half stack, should i buy this pedal, i hate to say it but im a bit of a newbie at this