MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use my Dean Custom through the pedal to my Behringer Ultraroc GX 110. It's supposed to be noisy. It's metal, it's brutal it's awesome. The distortion always sounds great to me no matter how high or low I have it. I can get a Metallica sound out of it. I bet I could get way more people's tones but I use my own instead. This pedal is a distortion pedal. It's very good. I think the distortion is too dry, but it is a distortion pedal after all so it's supposed to be that way.

I play metal and classic rock. This thing works wonders for metal. Not so much Classic rock (I didn't buy the peddle for classic rock anyways). I've been playing for 3 1/2 years and I own a Peavey Rage 158, Dunlop Crybaby from Hell, Behringer V-AMP2, Behringer Ultraroc GX110, and a Dean Custom. If this were stolen I'd either buy another one or beat the guy up. I love how it's just so plain asome. I like all of it's features. I compared this to the Line 6 Uber Metal, and the DigiTech Death Metal pedal. I chose this one because it was beter than those two.

This thing is built like a tank. Very dependable. I would deffinatly use this at a gig without backup. I have an adapter so I don't need to wory about batteries. I'd hate to worry if the batteries would die. The knobs havn't fallen off and the plastic screw hasn't loosened at all. This is what all pedals should be built like.

It's very easy to get a good sound out of it. This think rocks. The manual is good but I doubt you need it. I didn't need the manual. IT hasn't been upgraded yet. This is a realy easy pedal to use. All you have to do is EQ it to your amp's EQ then tweek the gain and level to your liking.

thisfallen
    holy hell thats a lot of reviews for a shitty pedal, get smart and buy digitech.
    guitarist_with_
    I find the MT-2 to be... too smooth. Ive been tweaking this thing for a long long time and it just hasnt got any balls. Im often just using straight marshall distortion (lets face it, nothing beats pure marshall dist.) or my Line 6 DM-4.