MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I have used 3 amps with this pedal. All of them are cheaper models but the metal zone sounds amazing with most of them. I have ran it through a Fender Frontman 15G (I bought it from a friend for some of my students to mess with), Marshall MG-15CD (my daily routine amp), and a Crate GX-15 (my dad already owned it). The Fender is very clean at first and you put this on it and it's really loud for the size, pretty good sound. If you are playing modern that's really good. I put it through the Marshall and that was just my sound of choice, really nice, if you stand away from the amp it's really good because the static level goes down. With the Crate it sounded kind of heavy tubish, because I cranked up the mids on both of them. Sounded pretty Vintage metal. It was good for some of my artists stuff, it is good when you are playing stuff like "Smells like teen spirit", anything by Metallica, anything by Slayer, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom (if you set it up right), and very nice with Arch Enemy. The effect is one effect mainly but the eq is really good for setting it up. Very heavy, and you can go just about anywhere with heavy metal on this thing. Along with heavier rock stuff. I didn't really mix it with much else, I have messed with a chorus on it and that sounded pretty wicked if you can get it right. It does overdistort somewhat, but as I said get a noise gate, or something to help that.

This is definitely a good pedal to get if you are into any kind of hard rock or metal scene. If you solo with it on a neck pickup like my Seymour Duncan SH-2N (Jazz pickup) it gives you an amazing sound. It's a very good warm sound on a neck pickup and a very hard attack on the bridge.

The guy that I got it from was telling me that the battery drained out really fast and the input was something wrong with it. When I played it, it was amazing. I have had the battery in it for like a few weeks and I play for hours a day, and it's a cheap Dollar General battery and it still hasn't failed. It's life is much better then a metal master with a 9V battery. Sounds better too in my opinion. I would definitely use it during a gig. This thing is extremely durable, the chasis is very hard, it's not that heavy. It's good for about any sound, I am not big on the scoop sound though when you kill the mids and contour because it is just to buzzy sounding.

It is pretty easy to use. Just have to set up the eq on your amp and pedal (which you always have to) and rock out. It's really good as a Switch for an amp because I set up the volume and put it on clean so I can switch to it with the same volume to git a killer sound in the middle of songs. It's really easy to use, straight forward, nice EQ.

Donkey Fly
    Marshall is usually Overdrive....and it can be noisy sometimes.....this pedal is extremely quiet compared to some of the amps i've played on.....including a marshall MG series amongst Line 6 gear. That's a good thing by the way....for all you who don't know.....im talking about the unwanted noise.
    NOtrab
    went to band practice today without it and almost cryed...love this pedal...think i might get a blues driver next though
    kdog215
    great pedal.. it was my first pedal.. can get alot of good tones out of it... metal,thrash,punk,hardcor e,classic rock... lots of stuff