MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: eBay

I use a BC Rich Warlock, and a Peavey Express 112, 65 Watt. The pedal adds a lot of hum if you turn the distortion above about 3 o'clock, which that is enough distortion anyways, after that it gets pretty muddy. With this pedal you can get an Overdrive sound by turning the distortion all the way down, or a nice distorted tone by turning it up. It's not my favorite distortion, but when I first started it suited my needs just fine, but now, it's not enough, it sounds kinda ethereal to me now.

This pedal is great for beginners if you have the cash to dish out. I got mine on eBay really cheap, it was my first pedal and I am pleased with it, I still play around the house and practice with it, it's still probably my most used pedal, although I am looking to replace it with a more versatile distortion pedal. If it were lost or stolen I would most definitely buy another one.

Who can't depend on Boss? It's lightweight and strong, I would use this on a gig any day and even without a backup. I've had it for the better part of a year with no wear and tear to show. Who can't depend on Boss? It's lightweight and strong, I would use this on a gig any day and even without a backup. I've had it for the better part of a year with no wear and tear to show. Who can't depend on Boss? It's lightweight and strong, I would use this on a gig any day and even without a backup. I've had it for the better part of a year with no wear and tear to show.

This pedal is pretty straight forward, the knobs are labeled with the right text, unlike a lot of other pedals that disguise the name, like the Rocktron Silver Dragon pedal. It did come with a manual but I haven't looked through it. I didn't need to, it's really easy to use. The only thing that took me a while to understand was the mid freq. knob.