MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

I use it on my cheap warlock rig as well as my Gibson SG. Makes both guitars sound great. It's able to get a punchy, raunchy, or even a crisp distorted sound. Plays anything from Metallica to Sugarcult to Clapton and to the Sex Pistols. Pretty great sound if you get the settings right.

Because I play absolutely everything, it was necessary to find a flexible, diverse pedal. It works well for me and hasn't let up in the maybe 4 or 5 years I've had it. The only thing I would've wished for was another manual so I didn't feel so discouraged the first time I bought it. Now that I know certain settings, I have fun playing with my tone. I suppose I could buy another distortion if I just happened to lose this one, but I don't think I'd be as satisfied. Gives a great tone, is built like a rock, and is able to satisfy many genres and styles of playing.

"Tank" is the only way to describe it. Or bomb shelter. This thing cannot be destroyed, it's very durable. I've never had a need for a backup because of its extreme durability. One fault is that it eats batteries up, but that problem can be fixed if you just remember to unplug every input.

I lost my manual for the pedal within the first week of buying it. It was my first pedal and I didn't have much experience at the time, so I didn't use it for quite a while. However, in the past couple of years I have rediscovered it. Even without the manual, you could figure out some pretty nice sounding settings. Really easy to use once you find what you're looking for.