MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

• Reviewer's score: 5.8 Decent
Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: Ad Lib Music

I used a Jackson King V on it A Steve Vai signature Jem and a cheap strat with a Marshall MG100DFX and A 100watt Crate amp and it sounded great.I decided to set my own tone and it suits generally all metal sounds. It is noise free with the good pickups on the guitar but basic strat pickups buzz. The sound is always good providing you use a Boss 9v adaptor but with the battery you have'nt much optimal perfomance. It is good for all your favourite bands from settings to heavy metal to blues, jazz, rock whatever I listen to Maiden, Trivium, Metallica and Megadeth mainly and it's perfectly suited to that sound, and with dropped tunings a death metal sound which is good too. The distortion is excellent just unbeatable compared to other manufacturers distortion pedals.

I play mainly metal and shred and the sound matches very well. I have been playing over a year I also use a Marshall MG100DFX, Korg Tuners, Dunlop Picks 46mm to 1mm depends on the grip type, An Aria STG.3 Stratocaster and a Jackson Dinky Pro. I would in a flash repurchase one if mine was stolen. I just love the tone there's nothing I dislike about it my favourite is the middle tone knob and middle frequency knob great benefit. I compared it to the Boss DS-1 and MD-1 and DigiTech Grunge pedal and there was no comparison between all. I choose the MT-2 because I tried it before purchase and sayed wow! I had been playing off a 10 watt Practice amp and was'nt use to playing good distortion. I wish the MT-2 had a countor knob like the MG's settings.

Its generally reliable but if you leave in the wet it obviously wont work, but inside it's very reliable never had problems with mine had it for months now and still sounds good. I would say you could go on a gig without backup, I am confident about that I used it to play practice sessions in a cold hall and it ran perfectly.

The pedal is very to get the sound out and user friendly and very easy to use.The Sound Is easily achievable, and with room to expirement for sure, The manual comes in handy but it's only a template for sound settings. You can easily make your own sound with experimentation.