MT-2 Metal Zone review by Boss

Boss: MT-2 Metal Zone

Purchased from: AL Music

I use a STG.03 Aria Strat and Jackson Pro series Dinky on Marshall MG100DFX. And well with the strat it is a bit noisy actually buzz because it uses cheap single coil pickups but with the Jackson well hum because of the Seymour Duncan pickups are'nt cheap. The distortion is always optimal providing you use a Boss AC-2 9v Adaptor, but with a battery it will die quickly. You can get that tone of all of your favourite artist's easily. I listen to mainly metal like Maiden, Priest, Trivium and it suits that tone very well. The distortion is very good it's actually just unsurpasable.

I play an assortment of music and yes it is a an excellent match without a doubt. I have been playing over one year. I also own a MG100DFX, Dunlop picks, Aria STG.03 stratocaster, A 10watt Kustom Practice amp and a few other small things straps etc. If it were stolen I would buy it again in an instint without a doubt that's if I had the money. I love the whole middle selection tone and fq. which makes it sound great. I compared it to a DigiTech Death Metal, DigiTech Grunge, A Boss Mega Distortion and A Boss DS-1 and there was'nt much comparison really. There is nothing really I wish it had except that they cost less really I found the metal zone a really good pedal overall.

It is a very reliable pedal. I would definetly depend on it any where. I would use it Live surely without backup aswell it is sturdy and capable of beatings and if you were perfoming in a cold environment it would stay at it's best I'm certain but obviuosly it isn't going to work if you throw in a river and expect it work now seriously what pedal can.

The MT-2 is very easy to achieve a desired tone and any reasonable tone. The manual is ok but it is only templates for the MT-2 and well you should experiment with your tone a little. I mean they is settings for all types of music that is guitar related, Blues, Jazz, Rock, British Rock, Heavy Metal and more.

The -A- Man
    Cpt. FLue wrote: And other that that... it DOES got balls. This thing can just be the most insane pedal you can find if you know how to tweak it right. i've been playing on many pedals and amps and this one beats em all
    I agree. i think the secret to getting the best of the pedal is to tweak the mid and mid freqeuncy to shape the tone. It took a while to find the perfect setting for me but i finnally got it . and it is insane. Highs: 12 o clock Lows: All The way up Mid: 9 o clock Mid freq: All the way down Distortion: All the way up That seeting is great for heavy metal in my opinion
    C_majzer
    $100! ...for this one! get the DF-7 it's MUCH better, same price too! Nocomment : 71 Reviews?!?! & yeah, 73 reveiws! DAMN!
    C_majzer
    sorry, my comment above didnt go through all the way, what I said was: "pay $100 on the DF-7"!!